Follow the instructions below for Mac OS X Version 10.4, nicknamed “Tiger”. Steps for activating sleep settings in other versions of OS X will be very similar.
- Click on the apple symbol (Apple Menu) in the upper left of your screen.
- Go to “System Preferences”
- Click “Show All” (if necessary)
- Select “Energy Saver” from the “Hardware” row
- Set “Put the computer to sleep when it is inactive for” to 30 minutes using the slider
- Set “Put the Display to Sleep when the computer is inactive for” to 5 minutes using the slider